Friday, September 10, 2010



Happy Friday, H00rs! I hope ya'll like what we have for ya'll today!



Hello my lovelies, Angela here. I’m back again with another rec.
Does everybody know that saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” ?
Well I guarantee with today’s rec you won’t want to eat that apple; you’ll want to throw it in the nearest trash can and grab a piece of cake and ingest all the sugar possible LOL.
Now in all honesty I’ve never read a Daddy C fic, but my mind has been changed. I found a jewel of a story via Twitter called

Be Careful What You Wish For by Whitlock-Masen or as you know them individually, Naelany and SoceressCirce.

Now I have read their other stories also. My faves being ‘Marked’ and ‘Alpha Xi Omega’ and I loved those two stories; they were just unbelievably fantastic and wonderfully written. So reading Be Careful What You Wish For; I was not disappointed. I found my interest peaked and very intrigued by not only the plot but also with the development of the characters. The personalities that the characters of Charlie, Bella and Carlisle have are so realistic. Visually when reading this story, I found myself actually putting myself in the characters shoes. Odd I know....but that happens occasionally. Through their up and downs, I was sucked in and kept there. Be Careful What You Wish for has become one of my many favorite stories. Here’s one of my favorite parts of this story and it just so happens to take place in chapter 10.

Charlie wasn't perfect, but he was far better than she was giving him credit for.

I'd taken all the time I could plating and slicing the strips of steak. I began transferring the food to the table, arranging the bowls of rice and refried beans beside the platter of avocado slices and the smaller dish of pico de gallo. Bella's eyes widened when I said, "I hope you like carne asada. I took a chance."

She hesitated for a split second and then smiled, nodding. "Thanks…Carlisle." She cleared her throat, her smile wavering before she forced it back in place. "Do umm…do you want me to warm some tortillas?"

My own smile was surprised but genuine as I told her that would be lovely. She grinned at my choice of words and then nodded silently, going to the refrigerator. "You want cheese and sour cream?" she called, her voice muffled as she dug around in the crisper.

"Bring whatever you'd like to the table, dear." The term was automatic, and I saw Bella's spine stiffen, but she made no comment. I half-expected another temper tantrum of the type I'd seen her throw with Charlie, but she took a deep breath, closed the refrigerator, and got to work warming the tortillas on the stove.

We lapsed into silence again, and soon everything was ready. Our kitchen table was small, and for years, Charlie had been sitting on one side while I sat at the end – it was easier to talk and touch that way. When Bella joined us, she began sitting across from Charlie, which put her on my other side. Normally it wasn't an issue, but tonight, I was especially aware of the proximity.
We assembled our food without a word being spoken until Bella took her first bite. "Holy…" she trailed off, swallowing before she tried again. "This is fantastic, Carlisle! Seriously."

I smiled and tried not to preen under her praise. I murmured my thanks, and Bella surprised me by saying, "You can really taste the lime. How many did you use?"

"Two," I answered, feeling slightly off balance. We were able to talk easily about cooking then, and it became clear to me that Bella had done more than her fair share in Phoenix. She seemed to enjoy it, and I made a mental note to talk to Charlie about seeing if Bella would like to cook dinner occasionally.

This part of the chapter really shows a change of dynamic in my opinion. It seems that Bella finally is giving Carlisle a bit of a chance instead of harboring so many emotions inside.*crosses fingers* Here’s hoping that their relationship continues to grow!!
So this is my Daddy C rec of the week. Go check out Be Careful What You Wish For and tell’em Angela sent you. So put those apples away because Dr. Cullen will see you now. *wink*

Until next time my pervy h00rs,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment