Sunday, September 5, 2010



Hey ya'll!! After much waiting, planning, and preparing, we are pleased to have you join us as we launch our new blog!! So, without further ado......



First official post and I get to do it, I am both super excited about this and very nervous, so I had better make this a good one.


My job today is to rec y'all a great slash fic that has a HOT Dr Edward. Well the first one that comes to mind is........


Southern Charm By Meikela

Summary: CPD Officer Jasper Whitlock is searching for Mr. Forever, not Mr. Right Now. ER doctor Edward Cullen is just looking to find himself. What happens when their fates cross? AU/AH


I found Southern Charm whilst looking for another fic by the same name, a het fic at that too *hangs head in shame*, and it quickly became one of my favourites. Our Dr Edward for this story is fresh from the navy, having served in Afghanistan and Iraq. He was already broken before he left for his tour of duty and heaven knows what serving in the middle east has done to his already tortured mind. Enter Jasper a cop, shot in the line of duty and hospitalised. To get the full feel of this story it is best to read the first out take, on the authors profile, where we learn a little of the boys past.


Can Doctor Cullen help heal Jasper and in turn can Jasper help to heal Edward. I sure hope so, these boys own me!


This story is now complete, so if you haven't already read it and now decided that you want to you won't be sat waiting for updates, see I aren't I good to you. This was one of those stories that every time I got the alert that it had updated I dropped everything to go read, even if I was at work and believe me people, with the lemons Meikela writes, it's best not read at work. Nothing like being sat doing the monthly financial forecast after being left hot and bothered my hot boy sexing.


It really is hard not to fall in love with these boy's, the journey of falling in love and the healing process that takes place along the way is beautifully written by Meikela.


As with all good stories there are a few out takes posted too and a freaking amazing side story called The Cletus Chronicles, told from the POV of Edward's cat and damn if this feisty cat doesn't own me too. He's original, street smart and I sure as hell wouldn't want to mess with him! Although if I could come back as a cat in another life I wouldn't mind being his sexy seƱorita LOL. He's the only (person) I know that could get away with calling Jasper a 'Golden haired bastard' and me still love him. He's also a bit of a voyeur, much to Jasper's discomfort.


So there you have it folks, my first rec for you, Southern Charm by Meikela, one hot Dr Edward.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment